Saturday, August 28, 2010

school times again.

Erik Grönwall, Swedish Idol
winner from 2009
After just over two months of Summer holidays, it was time to head back to school. And really, I was pretty excited! Time to see everyone again, get re immersed in the language and all that jazz. The first week back was really chilled, only a few classes and mostly we got to take part in 'Nollning'. Having the privilege of being the oldest kids at school my class along with all the other 3rd grade classes got given a 1st grade class to help 'introduce' into the school life. And may I say, I really wish NZ had as awesome school traditions as Sweden has! With this class we got to make them play games, do stupid stuff and pretty much control them for the first week. This included taping them into pairs for a day, making them get on the ground whenever we blew a whistle, and run up and down 4 flights of stairs shouting. All of the classes had a tabloid sports type competition on the Wednesday and then a song competition on Friday, my class of nollers came third overall which was pretty sweet really! 


On Friday Tash arrived from Gällivare to spend the weekend with me. Friday was the RixFm festival in my town. So we got to see a whole lot of pretty good Swedish musicians for free in one of the gardens in town. These musicians included my favourite Manboy singer ;) and the 2009 Swedish idol winner. It was a really sweet night chilling, listening to good music, and taking some sweet photos! 
The rest of the weekend was just spent chilling and catching up, and also myself bailing off my bike whilst biking into town on the Saturday leaving my self crippled for the week ;) 


After saying goodbye to Tash on Sunday I picked up the train tickets for my parents visit in two weeks! Pretty excited really, not only to see them, but to go travelling again, and also catch up with two exchange students that we've had staying with us at home and then my cousin and her family. 


The next Monday I actually started back at school, with all of my classes etc. This semester I have really sweet classes, a good timetable and good teachers. And as the week went on I kinda discovered that my Swedish has really improved over Summer. I can keep up with most of my classes, and even do the work! Haha. Kinda think it may be useful to get up a decent work habit for university next year. 
Wednesday I met the two newbies in my town, Theresa and Maud, from Germany and then France. It's fun having two new exchange students, taking the tally of students in Linköping up to 4! Pretty sweet really. Me and David (my fellow oldie, although he is younger than the other two!) took them out for fika, make sure they get introduced into the Swedish tradition well and truly early on in the year ;) 


Me and Kiara, Euro tour.
(I've totally got no recent
photos of me for you)

I've been able to enjoy some more nice weather again today, and some shopping in town, and I'm realising I'm turning more and more Swedish every day with the clothing choices. Haha. Oh well, it's enjoyable, and to be honest, they have pretty sweet styles.


Well, that's the beginning of school over, two more weeks of exchange down and written onto this blog of mine. Only 19 weeks left of Scandinavian air. Now that's weird. 


Love, Alex. 

1 comment: