Monday, September 6, 2010

more time passes

I feel like time is flying now. Every week or so I take a look back and go, what the heck, it feels like I arrived here only a month or so ago (except the language skills haha), but it's been 7 and a half months. I'm now trying to get my head around the fact that in 5 days time I will getting on a train to Arlanda airport in Stockholm to pick up my parents to spend 2 weeks together. At the beginning of the year when I was thinking, wow it's going to be ages until my parents come, I didn't realise how incredibly quick time would pass.

With school having started again, I'm now into a regular pattern again, with school, the gym, homework, struggling my way through the Swedish language and a good amount of movie watching with my host family. For my individual choice subject at school I get to do fashion, so it's great having a super chilled class on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons!

Me and Mona my old host mum, cray-fishing
Last Friday after school my old host family took myself, David, Maud, Theresa and Theresa's friend Kajsa out to a lake north of Norrköping to do some cray-fishing! The evening was so much fun. Once we got out there, we had a snack, then went out in the boats to drop the cages. After a casual exploration of a random island, we headed back to have some hanburgers and just chill until it got dark enough for us to go out and pick up the cages again. We managed to get about 90-100 all up, but the crayfish aren't what you think, they are only about 10cm long max, so they're super small. But so good!
Saturday was super chilled, and I hung out with David and Maud. We went to Inception, which was incredibly good! Anyone who hasn't seen it yet totally needs to go and see it.

So this week it's back to school before heading off on a 2 week holiday with mum and dad. And really, I'm insanely excited for their visit! Not only to see them, but we're visiting our old exchange students Anu and Lucie and then my cousin Michelle and her family in London! So I'm definitely getting around some more of Europe. Really looking forward to it, and hopefully being able to show off some Swedish skills ;)

Lots of love,
Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment