Tuesday, August 10, 2010

and so the summer continued..

After an insane 17 days on Euro tour it was time to head back to Linköping and enjoy the rest of the Swedish summer. The day I got back Evan had his leaving party that night, so despite being ridiculously tired I went to that and then went home for an insanely awesome nights sleep. Then we headed out to the summer house for the week to enjoy the nice weather while it lasted.
Unfortunately, it didn't last too long so within a week I was back home and had the insane mission of packing up all of my stuff for the final move! So just over a week after being back in Sweden after the best experience of my life, I was off to begin another one with my final host family for the last 6 or so months of my exchange. And just in case you were thinking that all of my stuff may have decreased significantly in the last 3 and a half months since the last months, you certainly don't know me well enough! Haha, at this rate I'm going to be struggling to get back home! But I'm sure I will deal with that problem when I have too ;) 


The weather has been fairly crap since I've moved, but I've managed to do a lot of chilling, reading, watching movies and the occasional work on my Swedish. The rest of my holidays have included missions out to IKEA with my host sister and her two young kids (secretly, IKEA is one of my favourite places in Sweden, and probably one of the things I'm going to miss when I get home :P). Going to a Lars Winnerbäck concert with my host parents. He's a Swedish musician who actually comes from my town, he's really good (: And then on Saturday along with almost the whole of my host family (all 9 of them :O including the two kids), we went on a 60km bike ride along the Göta Canal to a town called Borensberg. 


I tend to spend my time entertaining myself with the 1 year old boy and 3 year old girl that are living at the house at the moment, my host sisters kids. Finding myself often jumping on the trampoline, playing Barbie, watching Pippy Longstockings or Disney movies and making Barbie castles. It's definitely a good way to keep entertained! Hahah. 


Enjoying taking ridiculous photo's with Isabella my 3 year old host niece
Well, school's starting again next Monday after having just had 2 months of Summer holidays. I'm looking forward to the first week back, known to the Swede's as Nollning or orientation. Where each 3rd grade class get's a 1st grade class to kinda introduce to the school, play various pranks on, and all that sorta stuff! And then actually getting back into school for the second half of my year, maybe I will do some work this half of the year ;) Or maybe not. 


Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment