Tuesday, May 18, 2010

long weekends. the life of an exchange student.

So life is good. I miss home. But I can deal with it. This place is beautiful. It's kinda hard to believe sometimes that I'm half way around the world from everything I know. And that everyday I'm listening to a different language that's slowly becoming familiar. 


We had a 4 day weekend this weekend and I went out to the summer house with my host family. It's great. Their summer house has just been redone so after we arrived we had to move in the furniture and stuff so that we could actually live there! The weather was kinda crappy but I still had enjoyable time with my host parents and host brother. Saturday the weather cleared up and I actually got to expose the skin to the sun after almost 4 months (!) of jeans, jackets and snow. 


It's kinda weird being here and not having the busy schedule that I've lived at home for the last, uh, 18 years. There's endless amounts of spare time, and not much to be able to do to be busy. But I guess that's one of the challenges of being an exchange student, finding things to occupy your time. For me, I've been reading, making video's, going to the gym, sorting through my computer files (haha, nerd life), and occasionally trying to learn Swedish! 


So, another week's down.. On Thursday it will have been 4 months since I left home. 1/3 down. It's weird. It's like each day passes slowly, but then all of a sudden you think, oh wow it's been a week since then, and then it's been a month. 


Bye again for now,
Alex. xox


PS Mum and Dad, I've stopped biting my nails :O Haha. I hope you appreciate it :)

1 comment: