Monday, June 21, 2010

Sommartider hej hej sommartider!

So schools out, summer's here (kind of), am definitely looking forward to the two months that I've got ahead of me!
On Wednesday, myself, David, Evan, Frida, Saga, Daniel and Fanny went out for dinner at one of the many many Pizza restaurants in town. Then we came back to my host family's house to watch a movie on the amazing big screen ;) (Mum and Dad, can we get one pleeeeeeeease!) Whilst looking through the dvd collection at my host family's place, we found the parent trap! Definitely was a great choice in movie I'm thinking. Hahaah.
Thursday night was Kathi's leaving dinner. She just had a small dinner at her host family's house for a few of the people from school. It was a really nice evening, very relaxed with enjoyable company (:
School wrapped up on Friday with the studenten. Graduation is so much more exciting here! On the last day, everyone arrives at school relatively dressed up, and the 3rd graders (7th formers) have these awesome graduation hats. (Which I totally want to get even though I'm not going to be graduation).
All around school the 3rd grades had whistles/horns etc, and pretty much just partied up! Whenever someone of another grade would walk past them they would shout "Var är mössorna?!" which means, where are the caps? After the final assembly, I went out for lunch at Ming Palace, was the first time I've had Chinese food since leaving NZ, oh how I've missed it!!! Then we went outside to watch the 3rd grades come past in their trucks. When they finish school, they go on a tour of town on the backs of trucks, pretty much just having a massive party! So awesome. It was a very enjoyable last day of school for the semester.

The last week has been pretty sweet. Very relaxed. I've spent a heck of a lot of time enjoying the sunshine and warmth. Also enjoying the fact that I'm finally no longer sick. One thing I've also been doing... Is watching the Soccer world  cup! Loving the fact that the All Whites are playing so amazingly! Definitely a proud kiwi even half way around the world. The best part of it all, is that I don't have to get up at ridiculous times in the morning to watch the games! They're at convenient viewing times (:

My host mum decided that on Wednesday, while we picked up my host sister from Falköping, it would be a good idea to go on a canoeing trip in the afternoon! Flippin best idea ever, I had such a great day. After a afternoon of canoeing which included a picnic lunch, and then fika later on. On the drive back home we went to a ruin that's next to the E4 just past Jonköping. It was so beautiful, with a view over the coast down towards the town Gränna and over Lake Vättern.

Me and David in the car on the way to Falköping

The view from the ruin beside the E4. 

Thursday was another visit to Norrköping for a day with the exchange students! We went to a lake in Åby which was really close to one of the exchange students houses. Was such a beautiful day and it was so nice to get to catch up with all of the exchange students again before Euro tour because I hadn't seen most of them for around 2 months.

Åby, while I was waiting for the bus back to town... Around 8:30pm, yeah the sun's still shining. 

This weekend was the Crown Princess's wedding in Stockholm! So my host family decided to take me up with them to Stockholm to be there, and to be a tourist for the weekend. The weekend mostly consisted with walking around Stockholm, and me taking a couple of hundred photos. Not to mention watching the royal wedding on TV, and then seeing the newlyweds go past in a horse drawn carriage! It was so cute, even if the whole thing was insanely overdone.

On Sunday, we visited Drottningholm, where the royal palace is. This is actually where the King and Queen live. After a morning there, we then trekked through the Gamla Stan, and then visited a photography exhibition, which was incredibly awesome.

Not only did I have the best time in Stockholm. It was followed by an amazing result by the All Whites drawing 1-1 with Italy at the world cup. And then followed by the realization that I left New Zealand 5 months ago now. It's weird, but amazing. I'm loving every minute here in Sweden at the moment, and know that I've got even more awesome times coming up, with Midsommar this weekend and then next week... EURO TOUR.. needless to say, I'm incredibly excited!

Love, Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment