Monday, June 28, 2010

Midsommar i Sverige

This weekend it was Midsommar, so in other words, the longest day in summer, and being Sweden, they have a holiday to celebrate it. On Thursday afternoon I headed out to the summer house with my host family to spend the weekend there. It’s so incredibly beautiful out here! I love it. It’s been sunny every day and I’ve been able to chill, tan, read and occasionally get into the water, which apparently is super warm for this time of year at around 18 degrees.

On Friday morning we joined the rest of the people who have summer houses out here in a Midsommar celebration at the local school, and yes, I did join in with the dancing around the random pole, along with all of my host family. So random, but kinda fun! It’s all about celebrating summer pretty much, and it’s quite enjoyable. This was followed by some fun games, like sack races etc. And, being Sweden there was a whole lot of raffles, and we won a moonbounce, che ya. Hahahah. On Friday night we went over to some family friends, Eva with her son Micke and daughter Helena, summer house about 5 minutes away on the boat and had dinner there.

Saturday consisted of, sitting and relaxing, and not doing a heck of a lot! But was still enjoyable. Eva and Helena came over for dinner, and then we went on a little boat tour out to a small island for dessert, so random, but awesome.
Sunday was pretty much exactly the same as Saturday, but even better weather, and more reading was done.
Now, I’ve just gotten home, and I’m getting ready to head down to Malmö on Wednesday for .... EURO TOUR. I’m so excited! I’m sure it’s going to be amazing and if the weather stays like this it’s going to be even better.
Signing out for the next 3 weeks or so,
Lots of love,
Alex.  (and don't think that I've stopped taking self timer jump shots.. and yes, I will continue this throughout Europe)


No comments:

Post a Comment