Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sport Lov

So another week down, my first month in Sweden is officially over! Now that, is scary!

This week was Sport Lov, or Sports Holidays. I don't really know why it's called sports holidays, but oh well. It meant a week off from school!

Over the first weekend it was originally planned that I would go away with my host family to their holiday home down in Mölle. But because of the ridiculous amount of snow that fell on Friday and Saturday (Around half a meter!) the trip was cancelled. So instead, I have spent the week chilling in Linköping. Spending time with friends; and in general, just relaxing.

On Tuesday, myself and David (from Australia) decided to make dinner for his host family, who are to be my second family. Now that was interesting. Both of us were craving a good lasagne, but both of us had never made it.. It turned out pretty well! Tasted pretty good. But there just happened to be over double the amount that we actually needed. But I think that turned into a pretty nice breakfast the next day for David?

Then the next day I spend with a German friend from school. We baked and then made dinner for her host family. We decided on a "traditional" Kiwi dinner.. Well maybe not so traditional, but at least typical! Mince pie, mashed potatoes, and some vege's. So Dad's cooking and him telling me to pay attention actually paid off at some stage! :P

I've spent the rest of the week just relaxing, seeing friends, going shopping, going for fika and every now and then trying to pick up some more Swedish.

Hej då for the time being
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment